Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Leave her alone! Goddamn you! Get out!

Haha. I like the title of this post. And also that it has nothing to do with anything.

So, I didn’t get the goblet. I got a mug.

And it turns out work wont start until (tentatively) the 21st. shit. I don’t know what the hell I’m supposed to do till then.

Well… I can clean my house for starters… or... I don’t know. Stay in bed for one more week. I love my sleep.

Finally, I finished importing my Dylan albums. I thought I had all of them… but, according to the list in bobdylan.com, I don’t have the ones after 1990 and some other albums in between… but I’m getting there… they’re all on queue as I type this.

M wants us to go clubbing tomorrow night. I am really really not up for anything that requires me to get out of bed… much more dress up and travel for two hours to get drunk and dance. ah, but what are you gonna do?

I’ve been listening to Dylan the whole day… he sure is a poet.

Boots of Spanish Leather : Bob Dylan
“Oh, but if I had the stars from the darkest night
And the diamonds from the deepest ocean,
I'd forsake them all for your sweet kiss,
For that's all I'm wishin' to be ownin'.
That I might be gone a long time
And it's only that I'm askin',
Is there something I can send you to remember me by,
To make your time more easy passin'.
Oh, how can, how can you ask me again,
It only brings me sorrow.
The same thing I want from you today,
I would want again tomorrow.”

Ballad in Plain D : Bob Dylan
“All is gone, all is gone, admit it, take flight.
I gagged twice, doubled, tears blinding my sight.
My mind it was mangled, I ran into the night
Leaving all of love's ashes behind me.
The wind knocks my window, the room it is wet.
The words to say I'm sorry, I haven't found yet.
I think of her often and hope whoever she's met
Will be fully aware of how precious she is.”

0 comments: