Thursday, July 17, 2008

happiness is a warm puppy


Just how many of your favorite things can you fit in one day? Well, apparently… a LOT.

- My favorite day. overcast, a slight drizzle now and then.
- My favorite strip. Finally bought that peanuts book I wanted and another one.
- My favorite ice cream. Haagen Dazs tiramisu and vanilla caramel fudge. With…
- My favorite food – crunchy waffles.
- My favorite voice singing my favorite dylan song. I smile every time castro comes up on shuffle, especially when it’s mr tambourine man.
- my (new) favorite shirt. that vintage japanese sonic youth shirt i bought in boracay.
- my favorite 19 year old. he looks so much like my college crush. and not just his smile, but more so his demeanor. they both have that sweet and childish quality that endears them to everyone.
- my favorite super hero. Batman, the dark knight. so fucking good.

My favorite day.

NP: Mr Tambourine Man : Bob Dylan
“Then take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind,
Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
The haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves,
Let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me,
I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to.
Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me,
In the jingle jangle morning I'll come followin' you.”

0 comments: