Saturday, August 30, 2008

6,470,818,671



"At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just not facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes... all you need is one.” ~ P. Sawyer

“when all your dreams come true, who do you want standing next to you?”

My 19 year old friend, J asked me this question out of the blue. She said she’s been watching old episodes of One Tree Hill the past few days because she’s so excited over the coming 6th season, and one of the characters asked that question. And for some reason she thought she had to ask me that question. Totally random, I’m sure.

I remember watching a few episodes of the first season but I kinda lost track of what was going on so I stopped watching. Anyway… I told J that I’m 29 years old. For people my age, the whole “dream coming true” thing sailed long ago.

Most people I know are just trying to get by. They settle with people they do not love because they don’t want to be alone. They stay with jobs they hate because they have to and there’s nothing else out there. They keep their dreams hidden inside because it’s safe that way. They keep their dreams hidden away until they’re forgotten.

She looked at me like I was talking alien and asked again, So, who do you want standing next to you?

Do you even have to ask? It’s Lucas.
It’s always been Lucas.

Ha.

I think I better get some sleep. i have bumps on my head and I have no idea how or why I have them.


NP: here comes a regular : the replacements
"Sometimes I just ain't in the mood
To take my place in back with the loudmouths
You're like a picture on a fridge that's never stocked with food,
I used to live at home, now I stay at the house

First the lights, and the collar goes up,and the wind begins to blow
You turn our back on a pay-you-back last call
First the plants, the leaves, the grass and here comes the snow
There ain't much to rake here anyway in the fall"

0 comments: