Tuesday, November 25, 2008

to the moon and back




I love waking up when the sun isn't up yet and I don't have to rush off somewhere. So, yesterday I took the ultimate Pagudpud tricycle adventure. Tricycle number 144, with Lenzer as the pilot.






I looked at some pictures on the internet before I took the trip, so I had an idea of the places I was going to see. BUT what I didn't expect or see when I did my research was this:




I didn't know I was going on a trip to the moon... then to Tatooine. haha. I love that place. it's something I’ve never seen before, except on Star Wars and in science class. We had to trek under the scorching sun for about 15 minutes before we got there. but it was totally worth it. first, you walk through a field of grass. Then you walk though the craters of the moon. or so it seemed. I was so amazed. I kept telling the tour guide that I felt like I was walking on the moon. I bet if I were to walk on the moon or another planet, it would look a lot like that place.


then, we went to the rock formation itself. that's the name of the place because I don't think there's any other way to call it. except maybe, sand formation. The rock looks a lot like sand that froze over. like you're on a desert, but the sand is rock solid. It was like being in Episode 1. I was half expecting Padawans and George Lucas to show up somewhere.


The first stop was the Bantay Abot cave. I wanted to go there and take really nice pictures. But the wind was crazy when we got there and I was so scared I’ll be blown off the cliff to the South China Sea, so this is the best picture I got.




Next was the Patapat Viaduct. (I really hope I got the names of the places right) then we went to Aqua Grande. It was nice. The water flowing from rock to rock created an illusion of steam coming off the rocks as the water flows from the mountain to the beach. it was beautiful. I wish I took better pictures.



I almost skipped the Kabigan Waterfalls. coz, really. how many waterfalls have you seen in your life? and don't they all just look the same? it's a good thing I didn't skip this one because it was beautiful. I think the 1.5 km trek to the falls is half the charm of the falls. The water was cool. not cold, but cool... the kind you'd love to jump in after walking under the sun for 30minutes. If I had brought clothes, I would have jumped in.



And when you reach the falls, it's amazing. If I were to rank all the waterfalls I ever saw in my life, this would have to be in the top 2. I forgot how it feels when you're near the falls. the sound of the raging water, the wind blowing your hair all over the place, the spray of cool water everywhere, including the lens of your brother's camera. it was amazing.



Speaking of amazing... there's Saud beach. there were a total of 6 people on the beach, including us. The sand here isn't as fine or as white as the sand in Boracay. But, it's quiet here. It's perfect for relaxing and for getting away from everything. I have to go back here.


Then, we were off to the lighthouse. It was scary up there. The wind was really really strong and you can hear it from up there. The light house was really really old... and it felt creepy in there... like someone died there or something.








It was starting to rain when we made our way to the Bangui Windmills. It was beautiful. I was overwhelmed at how big those windmills were. I wanted them to spin me off to another place and time. Really. I felt that sinking feeling when I looked up, like when you're in a roller coaster or when you’re descending at high speed. but peaceful. like you're going to be taken off somewhere safe.







Pagudpud is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen. I will definitely come back.

The agenda for today is to pack my stuff, spend the entire day on the beach in Saud, then catch the 5pm bus to Manila.

1 comments:

maria jocine January 8, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

my gahd the views are all mesmerizing! lucky you Ivy, i haven't seen much of a beauty like that! its awesome!